For example, we can supply you with much of the information that you need before you come, such as advice about Visas, inoculations required, travel arrangements, and what type of things you should bring with you.
Once you arrive we can help you with temporary accommodation, taking you on a city tour, applying for residency Visas, finding a permanent home, getting organised with electricity, telephones, the internet, opening a bank account, taking you shopping in the market, buying household items, locating schools for your children, and much more.
If you are looking to start a business here in Bolivia, which is a good idea, we can assist you with consulting advice about types of businesses, market conditions, regulations and taxation requirements.
Private Spanish language lessons can be arranged through Altiplano Spanish.
For more information about our services please email Altiplano Services for Expats.
As a guide our standard charges for Services for Expats provided in Tarija are:
- Advice for applying the Visa Objeto Determinado - US$$50.00 per person (or US$75.00 for a couple)
- Advice and research about obtaining certified and translated marriage and birth certificates, police check records, and confirmation of solvency - US$20.00 one off fee and then US$20.00 per hour for researching details and requirements for your country (we quote before starting)
- Advice and physically taking you to the various offices and organisations for the steps involved in applying for the 1-Year Residents Visa – US$280.00 per person (or US$420.00 for a couple)
- Advice and taking you to the offices and organisations for the steps involved in applying for a Carnet identity card – US$65.00 per person (or US$85.00 for a couple)
- Advice and physically taking you to the various offices and organisations for the steps involved in applying for the 2-Year Residents Visa or Permanent Residents Visa – from US$200.00 per person (or US$300.00 for a couple)
- Arranging for temporary accommodation in furnished apartments including communications with you and the landlord, arranging a short term contract, and taking you to the department - US$75.00
- Assistance in finding a permanent home to rent by analyzing your needs, and then putting you in contact with reputable real estate agents or otherwise locating and accompanying you to view suitable properties - from US$250.00 for up to 5 properties
- Advice, assistance, and taking you to organize electricity, gas, telephone, and internet connections - US$100.00 per client
- Assistance with opening a Bank Account - US$35.00 per bank
- Advice, support, and physically taking you shopping at the supermarkets and markets - US$45.00
- Advice and physically taking you to buy household items, furniture, appliances, or to arrange tradesmen for household repairs and maintenance - US$20.00 one off fee and then US$20.00 per hour
- Consulting assignments are charged an initial US$30.00 consultation/administration fee and then quoted according to the type of service and information required.
Please ask if you want other assistance or clarification on what the above services and charges include, quotations for services in other cities in Bolivia, or what other matters we may be able to help you with.
Please check the Questions and Answers page for answers commonly asked questions about immigration to Bolivia.
Note: Guests staying at Altiplano Hotel Boutique for 5 or more days receive a 10% discount on the above charges.